As soon as you contact Medical Solutions Supplier, we begin working for you. A full-time, Compression Therapy Consultant dedicated to serve your local area will be assigned to help.
- Provides forms – Once the patient’s diagnosis has been determined, Medical Solutions Supplier provides the Rx forms with the Medicare approved causality for lymphedema and edema/wounds/ulcers caused by venous insufficiency. Office notes and patient demographics are needed to support the diagnosis and prescription, and if needed, the MSS representative will assist in completing this step.
- Process billing for the equipment - whether with Medicare, government programs or private insurance. It is our goal to minimize or eliminate any out of pocket patient expense. The patient will ultimately own the equipment.
- Work with the patient and doctor(s) in the approval process to build the case for authorization and show medical necessity. The authorization process may take as little as one day or as long as several weeks, depending on the coverage. Once authorized, the equipment is sent to the MSS local representative.
- Contact the patient and/or doctor’s office to arrange a time for the personal delivery of the device to the patient.
- Apply the device on the patient and perform a complete therapy session.
- Take measurements before and after therapy to establish a baseline and to further document medical necessity. A thorough explanation of the equipment and the process is performed and careful observation is made to assure comfort and proper performance of the therapy. Findings are documented and delivery is completed when the patient signs approval documentation.
- Send documentation of the therapy session to the doctor(s)’ office, with a copy on file at Medical Solutions Supplier as well as with the patient’s insurance company.
- Follow up with the patient to make sure that there are no questions about the therapy, the equipment or its effectiveness. Any problems are reported to the doctor(s) office.
Contact Medical Solutions Supplier today at 800.734.0422 to schedule an in-service with a local representative. We are dedicated to provide effective solutions for your patients – and to making the process easy and efficient for your office.